Understanding autism is one thing not everyone can do. It requires a lot of patience and research to fully know what it is and how to deal with it. Fortunately, experts have been sharing information to other people on how to deal with children with autism. One thing they suggests that parents can do to help their children is to develop their gross motor skills by having a 12 feet trampoline at home.
Read on to know the five trampoline activities every parent can do with their child right in their own backyard.
1. Simon Says – this game can be a great way for special children to learn how to follow instructions at the same time veer away from anxiety. This can also help them calm down and organize their behaviour and avoid tantrums.
2. Name that Picture – draw pictures that can let them create a sentence or even a story. Let them hop on a picture. This will practice their creativity skills and have a bouncing good fun as well.
3. Start and Stop – This is a simple game everyone can join in. When the parent says the word “start” everyone will jump and bounce on the trampoline. When the word stop is said, everyone should stop. This can help in social situations when they need to listen and follow instructions.
4. Clap and Count – This is another simple game parents can play with their children. They can count or clap the number of times they have bounced on the trampoline. This encourages everyone to have a fun interaction with each other.
5. Dance Party – A simple dance party on the trampoline. Put on some funky music they like and let them go crazy. This will make their laughter be loud as they possibly can and just let them be silly like how children are supposed to be. This is one great activity a parent can join too. Once the party is done, the child will feel exhausted and calm giving the parents no problem for sleepy time.
Those are a few things every family with child of special needs can do on a 12 feet trampoline. No need to rush out to the park and jump for an hour. This way, both parent and child can learn from one another. Parents will be more understanding on what condition their child is in and the child can also learn how to control.
Having a toddler is fun and exciting. Everyday is a new adventure with your little tot!
Children love to explore different areas in your house like your closet and even your laundry room. They enjoy tinkering with toys and that includes serious stuff mum and dad owns! Keeping them busy is definitely a task for the creative mind. Here are some things you can do to make the little one preoccupied.
Give them puzzles.
photo by: https://toyconomy.wordpress.com/
This will not only make them stay put for a while but also tests their brain development. Activities like this help them become more patient and learn to have critical thinking. Later on in life, they will thank you for teaching these skills.
Teach House Chores
photo by: http://www.sheknows.com/
A little sweeping the floor is already a big task for children. Teaching them this will make them feel like adults and they will learn how to keep their mess to a minimum. It’s nothing like child labour, I promise! Continue reading →
A trampoline is one of the best investments that families can make for themselves and their children. This outdoor equipment is a great way to spend time with kids and loved ones and at the same it also gives your body ample exercise. Because of the nature of the activity done on this piece of equipment, it is very prone to damage and as such, it’s very important for buyers to choose one that is of high quality to ensure the safety of users.
There are many ways to check for the quality and make of a trampoline; for instance, you can inspect parts closely before purchase or you can inquire as to the materials used for important components, such as the mat and net enclosure. However, personal inspection may not be possible in certain cases, such as when you are buying a trampoline through an online store. For situations such as this, a more effective way to determine the quality of a particular brand or model is by checking online reviews.
There are many websites that enable buyers to post their own reviews of trampolines. However, it is possible for people to create false reviews to enhance or damage the reputation of a particular brand or product, especially since you can post articles on the Internet anonymously. Because of this, buyers who are looking up trampoline reviews prior to purchase must be able to recognise whether a review is genuine or not.
One way to determine the authenticity of a product review is to closely inspect the content of the article. If the review tends to use positive (or negative) descriptions a little too much and sounds rather vague, chances are it’s a fake. Genuine product users tend to describe specific characteristics that made them like (or dislike) a particular product. In addition, make sure to check how the review is written. Does it read like someone throwing you a sales pitch? If it does, then it’s probably a fabricated review.
False reviews are actually quite abundant on the Internet, so it is definitely not enough to read just a few. To get a better idea about the quality of a trampoline, potential buyers must then read numerous reviews. Also, make sure to check more than one review website because it is possible for a single fake user to create multiple reviews on a single website to tilt the rating in favour of or against the product.
Information on the Internet can indeed help buyers before they buy trampolines. Just like in real life, however, it is still wise to practice caution and vigilance against false reviews designed to influence your purchasing decisions.
Ever since the New Year came, everyone has been struggling with his or her resolutions. Some may have ambitious ones like training for the next Iron Man triathlon or the cliché goals of eating healthy, clean food. Whatever they may be, they can surely be difficult to do! A lot even forget them a few days after writing the list. Ehem ehem… Guilty?
However there are some that are worth keeping or at least try to keep them. Here are some that you may want to or add to your list of resolutions.
Make an active effort to connect with family.
photo by : http://sparkpeople.com
Let’s face it, some of us forget to ring mum or dad during the weekend. Preoccupied with social life and work, catching up with family takes the back seat. These days are made for people living away from their loved ones. There’s video messaging and social network apps that you can put in your phone. No more excuses! Continue reading →