Anchor kits are probably one of the reasons why there are top rated trampoline brands. Aside from having sturdy trampolines these brands have, they also know how to take care of their clients. Anchor kits is not just a shield from possible lawsuits, their manufactures know that each one that invests in their product gets the care they need.
These anchors act like the ones you see on a boat. They make the boat stay put when the current is strong. For a trampoline’s case, it stays on the ground when the winds get stronger. There are a lot of cases where a trampoline flies away because of the winds. So if you own one of these cool devices, you certainly do not want your trampoline to be hanging on a cable wire. That’s just going to be a big fiasco.
But for your anchor kit to do its job, it has to be installed properly. Make sure that the one you bought has a manual or at least a video on how to do it is up online. It’s not much work if that’s what you’re worried about. It’s as easy as putting on a seatbelt in an airplane.
Here are a few tips on properly installing your anchor kits:
- You should have everything you need. Before paying for your kit, make sure all the parts are in the box. It will be a big hassle if you find out a missing one piece only when you arrive home.
- A kit usually comes with four straps and four spring-like sticks that you will need to anchor the trampoline to the ground. You will be drilling them down to the ground to make sure they will not go astray, or particularly to an moody neighbour’s house
- If your trampoline has six legs, you can put the anchors to four adjacent legs.
- To drill the sticks down the ground, use a crowbar if your ground is a bit hard.
- Remember to not do this when the winds are picking up speed or the rain is heavy. You will have a hard time dealing with a shaky trampoline. Although the ground will be soft, making it easier to install, it is not worth the risk of getting pneumonia, really.
Even if you live in a sunny place with no winds, it is best to get an anchor kit for your trampoline. Top rated trampoline brands usually offer this so even if it cost a bit more, the big investments is really worth for you to stick on the right spot.